The Science (and Art) of Leadership for Volunteer-Based Organizations
Volunteer energy and passion can change the world. But it doesn’t happen without skilled and thoughtful leadership. This interactive workshop provides leaders with best practices and hands-on tools to mobilize their volunteer base and drive their mission forward. Topics include: understanding volunteer motivation, recruitment, retention, recognition, situational leadership, and conflict management. Participants will review the latest trends impacting the world of service, and develop practical solutions to their individual volunteer recruitment, retention and leadership challenges.
After attending this workshop, participants will know how to:
- Translate proven leadership principles to volunteer-based organizations
- Use motivation theory to improve volunteer impact and retention
- Design volunteer and membership recruitment campaigns to target a new generation of volunteer leaders
- Manage “difficult” volunteer behaviors before they undermine your project
- Create a “culture of appreciation” that makes all volunteers feel appreciated and valued
- Use storytelling to inspire others to give time and money
John L. Lipp - Presenter
John is a national leader in the nonprofit sector with comprehensive experience in fundraising, executive leadership, governance, community engagement, and program development. John’s book, “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Recruiting and Managing Volunteers”, was published in October 2009 by Alpha/Penguin. In 2015, he was a featured contributor to the anthology “Volunteer Engagement 2.0: Ideas and Insights Changing the World” from Jossey-Bass.
Light Breakfast and Lunch included.
|Event Date||12-15-2018 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||12-15-2018 3:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||10-15-2018|
|Location||Los Gatos Lodge|
Cruise on the River Elbe in a smaller setting with fellow District Rotarians. Those who sailed on the dinner cruise in Toronto know this is a popular event—we will be sharing our ship with Rotary Districts 5020 and 5050. We have room for 200 only!
Cruise starts at 6:00 pm.
|Event Date||06-02-2019 6:00 pm|
|Event End Date||06-02-2019 9:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||09-13-2018 10:00 am|